I have an installation with one apache&mySql server and multiple vTiger instances with separate databases.
You will have to separate vTigers like this:
1. Install the whole bundle (Apache, MySQL and vTiger) normally.
2. In apache/conf dir edit httpd.conf. Remove vtigercrm dir on these 3 lines:
- DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files (x86)/vtigercrm600/apache/htdocs"
- Directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/vtigercrm600/apache/htdocs"
- ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files (x86)/vtigercrm600/apache/htdocs"
3. Go to the apache/htdocs folder and copy the vtigerCRM folder to, for example, vtiger_1 (vtiger_2, vtiger_3...your_project)
4. Go to vtiger_1/ folder and edit config.inc.php. Remove all the content. The file must be empty.
5. Go to Windows Start -- Run -- Services and Restart vtigercrmApache600 service
6. Open http://localhost/vtiger_1/index.php?module=Install&view=Index and complete the installation of the new project. Put the correct information for each steps.
7. You have finished. Now, you can access to your new project on http://localhost/new_project/index.php
UPDATE: Be careful with the cookies of your Internet Browser, sometimes when you access to Install page appears blank. I have solved this with Private Mode. On Google Chrome press CTRL + SHIFT + N
I hope this works for you.